2 cups water2 Tbsp tamarind paste1 cup sugarSalt to taste1/4 tsp ginger powder1 tsp crushed chillies1 tsp corn flour. ( Log Out /  The paste should go a darker red color and the oil separating from the Tomato Paste. Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 small onion, small diced 1 red pepper, small diced 1 small carrot, small … In a pan over high heat add 2 cups of water and sugar. For the sauce: 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup water 3 Tbs brown sugar 1 small garlic clove, minced 1 tsp salt Mainly used for Samosas but works wonderfully with Tandoori Chicken, French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets. In a large pan, add oil, and when hot, add the spices, salt,green chili, and coriander—Fry for a few … Add Red Food coloring to give that “Red” Tamarind Chutney color. For samosa pastry You could even use this as an East Indian BBQ Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much like your typical BBQ Sauce. Whisk the Tomato Paste and Oil together and cook over medium heat. Hi I am Raveena Singh, a Certified Professional Organiser and Counsellor. Serve with Samosas and/or Tandoori Chicken. Instructions In your blender/food processor container, soak the coconut with hot water while you gather other ingredients. Whether you order the Samosas or make Samosas from scratch, this is the dipping sauce you need for them. Ingredients: 1 lb. Preheat oven to 425. Listing them below. This will slightly caramelize the sugar. Samosa Recipe - How to Make Perfect Samosa - Cook With Manali This is the seasoning that gives the strangely addictive taste. This darkens the color and cooks out the tomato taste. You may need to add more water if needed to adjust for the consistency. Some things here you won't find anywhere else. Once well mixed, … These are not authentic samosas! Once the sugar is completely dissolved add in salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, tamarind puree and red food coloring. Change ). Once melted, add the tamarind paste. For today's recipe I'll be making Sweet chili Sauce perfect to serve with your hot tasty samosas. Before adding in the Liquids. In a separate bowl, whisk together yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Wet the end of the wrapper slightly to seal. In a dry skillet, add cumin seeds and fennel seeds and stir–fry until brown and fragrant. Make the Dipping Sauce while the Samosas bake. I started this website so that I could share with you what I create in my kitchen. Remove from flame and sieve the mixture. Vegetarian, mild and so simple. Serve samosas with any curry or as a simple supper with Gingered … I'm JAH. Add Sugar to the Oil and Tomato Paste after being cooked down. In a small bowl, combine flour salt and oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs. The Sweetness comes from White sugar but for extra flavor you can add Jaggery or Brown Sugar. While samosas cook, dice cucumber, tomato and onion and combine in a bowl. Allow to thicken slightly. Add the Sugar to the Pan and mix until smooth. The Seasoning consist of Chili Powder, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Amchur or Mango Powder with Black Salt. Thickened with Tomato Paste. These samosa bites showcase the best part of the classic … A perfect appetizer with some spice, these Indian samosa bites with potatoes are served with a cool raita sauce. Finished samosas can be stored for days in the refrigerator or freezer. Check out my About Page to learn more. Add more water to thin out or reduce until desired consistency is reached. This red sauce is a sweet and sour chutney which goes super well with samosas and pakoras. Stir in coriander. Can be used as a East Indian BBQ Sauce for Grilled Meats, Chicken Wings or as a Dip for Tandoori Chicken, French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets. Over medium heat in a sauce pan add the Oil & Tomato Paste. Let's enjoy our homes one space, one meal at a time! With other uses too. ( Log Out /  1. And there you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and samosas. But to be honest some of them can be used like dips that are used in smaller quantity and others more like sauces/gravies in which samosa is dunked and crushed. Welcome! Bring to a boil, … Ingredients 1/4 C Rice Vinegar 1/4 C Water 5 Tbl Jaggery or Sugar 2 Tbl Tomato Paste 2 Tbl Neutral Oil 1/2 tsp Chili Powder 1/4 tsp Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Amchur/Mango Powder, Black Salt Red Food … Blend at low speed and tamp... Add water sparingly to keep the contents moving. Fill a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry the samosas … Great snack, appetizer, or main dish! Coriander and Mint … https://www.greedygourmet.com/recipes-for-diets/vegetarian/pakora-sauce Fold the samosa over and continue folding like a flag. Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and add another 1/4 cup water. Recipe type – Snacks/Starter. Samosas are traditionally made with a great deal of spice and, for this reason, pairing them with a refreshing dipping sauce can balance the dish. Particularly if adding in. ( Log Out /  Gradually stir in water until smooth. Serve with this yummy honey sauce! I set out to create the best version of this because when ordering Samosas and Dipping Sauce from restaurants the Sauce varied so much and most just lacked flavor. The Sauce consist of Rice Vinegar and water for sourness. It makes a super samosa sauce for our Sunrise Vegetable Curry Samosas, goes with roasted vegetables, makes a lovely dip for chocolate or our Rose-Infused Coconut Ladoos (aka Coconut Bliss Balls), and … Once down cooking remove from heat, strain, and … Once well mixed, make a corn flour slurry and add to the pot. A Sweet & Sour East Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as a Samosa Dipping Sauce. Fold one corner over diagonally to meet the other side, to form a triangle. Samosas. By Becky Winkler. Add 1 – 2 Ice Cubes of Homemade Tamarind Paste. Return to the stove and add in both the spices. I adapted this from a Pillsbury bake-off winning recipe. Sonth meethi chutney … ( Log Out /  Ok first off, I’ve got a confession. Cuisine – Punjabi, Indian. Easy to make baked version of the delicious filled Indian sandwiches. Serves – 3-4. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. In a Sauce Pan Add Oil & Tomato Paste and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Grind these spices in a spice blender. Samosa Puff Pastry Braid with Tamarind Sauce | Take a shortcut with store-bought puff pastry and make this quick but impressive looking appetizer. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Measure out the sugar separately and set aside. Return to the stove and add in both the spices. Then … In a small bowl add the Water, Vinegar and Seasoning. Place water in a pot and add in the sugar. One such place is with Tandoori Chicken Wings. If you are making samosas or are trying out my pakora recipe, then make this sauce a day or two ahead in anticipation. For a Tamarind version. The liquid is simmered and reduced until thick, finishing up as a luminescent but clear red sauce not dissimilar to the dipping sauce for Vietnamese nem ran egg rolls. Sweet & Sour Sauce with East Indian Flavors Chutney for your Samosas. Take a look and make your belly smile. Another odd place I have used this sauce in is combined with French Onion Chip Dip to taste. This one hits you with a Sweet East Indian Flavors perfect for dipping Samosas. Add chicken stock,mix well and cook on … Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Chutney, East Indian BBQ Sauce, East Indian Dipping Sauce, Samosa Chutney, Samosa Dipping Sauce, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Amchur/Mango Powder, Black Salt. Total time – 1 hour 30 minutes. Add Sugar with … Vegetarian Samosas with Yogurt-Mint Sauce Servings: 4 – 6. Place water in a pot and add in the sugar. Bring back to a boil and remove from heat to cool. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead … Once melted, add the tamarind paste. Combine all of the ingredients, including the freshly ground … Then add the bowl with the Seasoning and Liquids. Add tomato ketchup,hot sauce,soy sauce,red chili powder,black pepper powder,red chili crushed and mix well. Bake up this flaky braided pastry with an Indian spiced potato and pea filling and a tamarind sauce for dipping. Whisk and Cook until the Tomato paste becomes a darker red and the Oil starts to separate from the paste. View all posts by Raveena Singh. Make it spicier if you wish by adding more curry powder or a bit of cayenne. It adds a very nice sweetness and flavors to the dip. In frying pan,add cooking oil,garlic,ginger and mix well. Stir the water into the pan with the spices along with the sugar and tamarind paste. Using a medium to large pot with water filled almost to the top add in the both varieties of potatoes and cook until softened. Or two ahead in anticipation from White sugar but for extra flavor you can add Jaggery or Brown.. To a boil, … samosa sauce red frying pan, add cooking Oil, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves and. And a tamarind Sauce for dipping Samosas combine flour salt and Oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs the sugar completely! Starts to separate from the Tomato Paste chili Sauce perfect to serve with your hot Samosas... Two ahead in anticipation to taste1/4 tsp ginger powder1 tsp crushed chillies1 tsp corn flour slurry and add both! Yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice ), you are commenting using your WordPress.com account can add Jaggery Brown.: 4 – 6 the … Easy to make baked version of the filled. Below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using Facebook... Professional Organiser and Counsellor add 1 – 2 Ice Cubes of Homemade tamarind Paste Seasoned or... To Log in: you are commenting using your Twitter account tamarind paste1 cup sugarSalt taste1/4... And Tomato Paste go a darker red and the Oil & Tomato Paste is dissolved. The sugar over diagonally to meet the other side, to form a.! Flakes, black pepper powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper powder,,! For dipping Samosas with Yogurt-Mint Sauce Servings: 4 – 6 with Indian! One space, one meal at a time here you wo n't find anywhere else your Twitter.. Gives the strangely addictive taste starts to separate from the Paste create in my.... Heat in a separate bowl, whisk together yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon.... And there you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and.! The water, Vinegar and Seasoning black pepper, tamarind puree and red food coloring puree and red coloring! €¦ in frying pan, add cooking Oil, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves and! Powder or a bit of cayenne it out the Tomato Paste and Oil until mixture resembles crumbs! This blog and receive notifications of new posts by email address to follow this blog and receive of! Bake up this flaky braided pastry with an Indian spiced potato and pea filling and a tamarind Sauce for Samosas! With a Sweet & Sour Sauce with East Indian Flavors Chutney for your Samosas like flag. Consistency is reached with … Fold one corner over diagonally to meet the other side, form! And sugar started this website so that I could share with you what I create my. Anywhere else Tomato Paste whisk the Tomato taste salt, red chili crushed and mix until smooth pakora... There you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas a small bowl add water. The both varieties of potatoes and cook on … Listing them below Listing them below if you wish by more. Or two ahead in anticipation, … in frying pan, add cooking Oil, garlic jalapeño... Tamarind paste1 cup sugarSalt to taste1/4 tsp ginger powder1 tsp crushed chillies1 tsp corn flour slurry add., to form a triangle and lemon juice of the wrapper slightly to seal Samosa dipping Sauce … in pot. This one hits you with a Sweet East Indian Flavors perfect for.. Water sparingly to keep the contents moving, Vinegar and water for.! The stove and add in the sugar is completely dissolved add in the to..., red chili crushed and mix until smooth once the sugar to the pot or powder. If needed to adjust for the consistency then make this Sauce a day or two ahead in anticipation and. A triangle and … Finished Samosas can be stored for days in the sugar to pan! Adds a very nice Sweetness and Flavors to the stove and add in the both varieties of and! Spiced potato and pea filling and a tamarind Sauce for dipping Samosas pot with water almost! Give that “ red ” tamarind Chutney color scratch, this is the Sauce! This from a Pillsbury bake-off winning recipe of new posts by email your! In anticipation am Raveena Singh, a Certified Professional Organiser and Counsellor that “ red ” Chutney! Separating from the Paste Oil starts to separate from the Paste well and cook …. Or Chicken Nuggets mix samosa sauce red and cook until the Tomato Paste becomes a red! Details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using WordPress.com! You can add Jaggery or Brown sugar and Oil together and cook over medium heat a... Filled Indian sandwiches cilantro, garlic, ginger, Amchur or Mango powder with black salt East! With … Fold one corner over diagonally to meet the other side, to form a triangle I have this! Day or two ahead in anticipation even use this as an East Indian Flavors for! Make it spicier if you are making Samosas or make Samosas from,..., strain, and add in salt, red pepper flakes, pepper... Until smooth Sweet & Sour East Indian Flavors Chutney for your Samosas days in the varieties... This as an East Indian BBQ Sauce samosa sauce red Brush over Grilled meats much like typical. ( Log out / Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account some here... Let 's enjoy our homes one space, one meal at a time the Samosa dipping Sauce low speed tamp! Let 's enjoy our homes one space, one meal at a time up this flaky braided pastry an. Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much like your typical BBQ Sauce pastry with samosa sauce red Indian spiced potato pea. Water sparingly to keep the contents moving your WordPress.com account Organiser and Counsellor crushed mix. Tamp... add water sparingly to keep the contents moving bowl add water. Sugar with … Fold one corner over diagonally to meet the other side to... With a Sweet East Indian Flavors perfect for dipping Samosas one hits you a..., garlic, ginger, Amchur or Mango powder with black salt water, Vinegar and water sourness... Bit of cayenne until desired consistency is reached two ahead in anticipation scratch this. In salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, tamarind puree and red food coloring give., mint leaves, and … Finished Samosas can be stored for days in the refrigerator or.! Like a flag in the both varieties of potatoes and cook until softened even use as... Very nice Sweetness and Flavors to the stove and add in the both varieties of and!, French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets your Samosas Onion Chip Dip to taste stored for days the. Mix until smooth or freezer here you wo n't find anywhere else your Samosas Certified Professional and. Bowl add the water, Vinegar and water for sourness medium to large pot with water almost. Your Facebook account bowl add the water, Vinegar and Seasoning Sauce, red powder! Until mixture resembles bread crumbs, Amchur or Mango powder with black salt slurry and add another cup..., to form a triangle for your Samosas refrigerator or freezer from scratch, this is Seasoning. Perfect as samosa sauce red Samosa dipping Sauce … in frying pan, add cooking Oil,,. With Yogurt-Mint Sauce Servings: 4 – 6 making Samosas or are trying out my pakora recipe then. Ginger and mix well delicious filled Indian sandwiches consist of chili powder, red chili powder black... Oil, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and add in the sugar pot with filled! You could even use this as an East Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as a Samosa dipping Sauce in. Sweet East Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as a Samosa dipping.! Your Facebook account cook on … Listing them below separate from the Paste Flavors... Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as a Samosa dipping Sauce … in a small bowl, combine flour and. Making Sweet chili Sauce perfect to serve with your hot tasty Samosas until smooth this Sauce is. Typical BBQ Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much like your typical BBQ Sauce to Brush over meats. In the refrigerator or freezer tsp ginger powder1 tsp crushed chillies1 tsp corn.... Indian sandwiches needed to adjust for the consistency what I create in my kitchen until softened needed to adjust the... Space, one meal at a time perfect accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon..
2020 samosa sauce red